- Technical Lead Digital Credentials Consortium
- Co-chair W3C Credentials Community Group
- Technical Lead T3 Innovation Network Pilot Project 10, Empowering the American Student and Worker
- Steering committee Decentralized Identity Foundation
- Guest Editor, IEEE Dawn of the Internet Identity Layer
- Rebooting Web of Trust
Co-created Blockcerts with MIT Media Lab, an open-source/open-standard method for anchoring Open Badges to blockchains, enabling improved decentralized verification.
Before falling into the sweet embrace of blockchain and self-sovereign identity, I focused on big data system design, algorithms, and implementation, and core library/API design and implementation.
In a past life, I blogged at the .NET BCL (Base Class Libraries) team blog. I was the dev owner for System.Collections, System.IO, and System.Resources, and obsessed over cold start performance, interface contracts, paths that are too long (yet not long enough), and trying to redeem the unredeemable SerialPort class – bless it.
Wrote Learning UML 2.0 back in the aughts.